1. Make this lemon basil cooler, using the juice of lemon, sweet white wine and basil.
2. Make Sunny Sangria:
- 1 bottle of dry white wine
- 1/2 bottle of Moscato wine
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 orange
- 6 oz. pineapple juice
- Top with Ginger Ale before serving (I used diet to make it less caloric)
- You can also double this recipe for a crowd and to use the other 1/2 bottle of Moscato.
4. Put cut lemons in your garbage disposal to clean it and make it smell good. You can also rub the lemon in your sink to clean and brighten it.
5. Of course, lemon goes hand in hand with any fish or seafood recipe. I also like to slice lemon and put it in the pan with the fish as I cook it for extra flavor.
6. Use lemon juice instead of vinegar in salad dressing recipes. This is especially good for Greek salads. Use lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
7. If you use self tanners and your skin looks uneven, rub lemon on the areas where there is too much and it will lighten those areas.
8. Use lemon juice on stains on white fabric to bleach out the stained area. Putting the fabric in the sun after you apply the lemon juice, makes this technique work better.
9. Make Ginger Lemon Tea if you are feeling a little under the weather. Boil a peeled knob of ginger with sliced lemon and add a tea bag.
10. Rinse your hair with lemon juice after shampooing to make it shine.