Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Rice and Beans and Chicken Made With What I Had on Hand

I made this Rice with Beans and Chicken recipe tonight with just ingredients I had on hand.  I like to cook like this and use up items, clean out the pantry and refrigerator. It was pretty good.





  1 cup uncooked brown rice, cooked with about 3 cups of water until tender.
  1/2 red onion
  1 can of chicken
  1 can northern beans
  1 cup chopped, frozen spinach
  I also used garlic powder, dried oregano, chili powder, some chopped fresh parsley that I grew,
    some sarachi sauce and topped with some cheddar cheese.

This recipe could be made with just about anything you have on hand and would be really good with cilantro. Since I did not have any, I used the parsley I had growing instead.
  





No comments:

Post a Comment