Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Dinner of Bread and Veggies Just Using What I Have Recipe

I made this sort of deconstructed pizza tonight using some left over crusty bread and some cherry tomatoes and zucchini veggies I bought at a farmer's stand Sunday.



There is this place I like to buy homemade chewy bread, and I slice it myself. I usually have the end pieces of the bread left. I used these end pieces to make this recipe also using:

cherry tomatoes, cut in half
sliced zucchini
sliced onion
  I sauteed the veggies just until slightly soft and added salt, pepper and some dried oregano. I topped the bread with a little pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese and baked until cheese was a golden brown.
Then I just laid the vegies on top of the bread. I picked some fresh basil I had growing and added to the dish. It was really good.

  
 I really like cooking with all of the fresh produce this time of year!




No comments:

Post a Comment